Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gratitude Journal

Ok, so it's probably been established by now that I'm a bad journaler/blogger. I very rarely update, as anyone can see.

However!

My friend Hannah just wrote a facebook note about something called a gratitude journal. The idea is that you write down 3 happy/encouraging/uplifting things about your day, every day, and by focusing on the positive aspects of your life you become happier in general over the course of time. I think this is a wonderful idea, as I feel there is far too much negativity in the world. So, hopefully this will be turning into my gratitude journal (fingers crossed!).

1) I got to see all my wonderful junior-block education classmates again at the substitute license meeting. I only had the chance to talk with a few of them, but it was nice just seeing everyone again.

2) We had our beginning-of-the-semester meeting at the Writing Center today, and Tiffany (the director) made me laugh quite a bit, as she often does. I love her sense of humor.

3) I love the spontaneity that comes with living with friends and being at college. My roommates and I (all four of us) took a walk around campus in the middle of the night, just listening to music, dancing, and laughing. Where else could you do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment