Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 11

So today I decided to make cookies, for a couple reasons. One, we had milk that was expiring and needed to be drunk, and two, I wanted to do something at home that was productive (ie not sitting in front of a computer/tv screen all night as has been my pattern as of late) but also not related to school. Phyl pointed out as I was making these that we still have cookies leftover from Christmas. I say those cookies are stale and nothing goes better with the milk that we need to drink than warm, gooey, chocolate andes mint cookies. You may notice there is already a cookie missing from the tray - it was delicious. The chocolate was also still very melty, and dripped on the floor. These cookies are very messy until they get a chance to cool down.

In other news, launched math daily 5 yesterday and continued with it today. The kids are really excited about it, which is good! I'm really excited about it too, although still working out the best way to organize materials so they can be easily gotten and put away so that everything stays in the right place for next time and no one is stampeded in the process. This week - math by myself and math writing. Next week - math with technology and maybe math with someone, depending on how kiddos are doing with stamina in other areas. Then we can start groups, and hopefully keep our stamina up at the same time! Also will be starting group conferences in literacy daily five after MOY benchmarking is done. So lots going on in daily 5 world in our classroom right now!

1 comment:

  1. I was reading through your blog for the first time ever with Hank on my lap. When we got to this post he said "cookies" It was too cute.

    You're blog is amazing!!!! I'm curious as to which kiddos are thing 1 and thing 2 :)

    Ritchey

    ReplyDelete