Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 3


I volunteered at Habitat for Humanity with some other teacher friends today. I helped hang door frames and was convinced to use a nail gun. The nail gun was actually really easy. Hanging door frames was not at all easy. I can say after today that I do not have the patience to be a carpenter. Which is funny, because as a teacher I am told I have tons of patience all the time. I'm just not at all a Type A personality and have the tendency to just say "ah, that's good enough" which doesn't always work in the exact world of carpentry.

1 comment:

  1. If I knew they would give me power tools, I MIGHT have joined the build.

    (But probably not).

    V. impressed with you and the FV crew, building a house on a winter break Saturday. KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete