Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 48


The two personal days I took off for the choir concert were timed well, because right before we left I found out Grandma had been diagnosed with lung cancer and given a couple months to live. So after the concert we drove to Findlay and spent most of Saturday with Grandma Grandpa and AJ, who had flown in to take care of them. Grandma and Grandpa were both in good spirits and very much themselves, just much more easily exhausted and not very hungry, so that was nice to see.

Now I find myself in a weird mood the past couple days. Part of it is changes happening at school that are still very unknown, which is always off putting. Part of it is being overly invested in some of my tricky kids, given they showed up in my dreams Thursday night and I couldn't sleep. Part of it is the excitement of the school year drawing to an end but not quite believing its here and still having lots to do. And part of it is knowing in the back of my mind that in the midst of all of this end of school year excitement I could get the phone call about Grandma any day now and spend the last days of school at a funeral instead. While she is remaining in good spirits, she is deteriorating pretty rapidly. The last update from AJ a few days ago gave her 1-4 weeks. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're off on your cruise. Hope you're having a ton o'fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cmon Gardner. You're learning stuff. I know you are.

    ReplyDelete