Thursday, June 20, 2013

Apologies and Learning 1

Ok people. I think we have all learned that I still cannot be trusted to regularly update any sort of blog or journal device. I have not given up on the project 365 photo idea even though my track record isn't great (although not as abysmal as my blog would lead you to believe - check facebook, I'm slowly uploading pictures there). However, I think we can agree that at this point, project 365 entries are not the best idea, namely because I have a ridiculous amount to catch up on. SO, I am switching focus to Lee's blogging challenge about learning.

Last night I learned that if you replace half the flour in a chocolate chip cookie recipe with cake mix and add a bunch of sprinkles, you get SUPER delicious cake batter flavored chocolate chip cookies. These are seriously delicious. Dangerously so. I've had 6 already today for breakfast. I also learned that if you are following a recipe for oven baked fries and it tells you to coat the baking sheet with oil, make sure you use a sheet with RAISED edges. Otherwise the oil will drip onto the bottom of the oven and make your eyes sting with smoke. Heh.


You can find the recipe here. You really should go make them. Like right now. I ate two more while uploading the photo and linking the blog. They're that good.

3 comments:

  1. they look great too. So glad you're learning new stuff.

    I kept thinking about your kiddos when I was at the mathers. The history of the universe exhibit is all about adaptations. Kids would love it.

    Thanks for the useful tip on the cooking oil. I think I may do some type of learning about cookery this month.

    Forgot to tell you---- you have to comment on most of the blog posts from the other challenge participants. Word Savvy, Miscellaneous Missives are also in this challenge. Indiana Rock may be in too. Not sure. They're in my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog challenge! The cookies look and sound amazing. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Sounds completely delicious!! I would have six of those for breakfast too.

    ReplyDelete