Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kroger: Learning 4

Today I felt like I'd spent too much time cooped up inside at home, so I decided to walk to the library and post office (have I mentioned lately how much I love being able to walk downtown from our home? because I do. That is my absolute favorite thing about Bloomington and a major factor in not moving to a nice apartment, because the ones we can afford aren't as close to downtown as our trailer is. but I digress). Anyway, I passed by Kroger as I walked down the B-Line and learned that it was finally open again! I say finally as if this Kroger being closed for a few weeks has greatly inconvenienced me, when really there are three other Krogers also in Bloomington within an easy ten minute drive. I just got spoiled having a Kroger right down the street.


So I stopped in and looked around. The construction isn't done yet, but we're allowed inside again. The store is a little bit bigger and the layout has been changed to be more like the modern stores. What struck me most though, is how pretty the store is now! The walls are all painted pretty colors and have graphics and modern signs. The outside of the store also got a paint job, covering up the old graffiti on the wall. Of course, there are already a couple new graffiti tags up. I generally disapprove of such, but this one made me laugh and I thought it was rather clever.


Also saw this cute little bunny nibbling on sidewalk grass by the courthouse.


2 comments:

  1. I also love my location because I can walk everywhere including the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a great locale. I loved working downtown. Love the graffiti and the bunny.

    ReplyDelete