Monday, February 25, 2013

Days 28-33

Alright, time for another long overdue blog post. I did take more pictures this past week, I just didn't them on my computer to blog about them. First up, last Sunday I finished scrapbooking all our cruise photos and reorganized some other photos, hence this lovely empty photo envelope:
 
We just had our school book fair and I made a wish list for people to see, not really expecting anything. These were the six books I received as gifts from parents and the pto. Yay free books! So exciting. I have There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Shamrock, The Little Red Hen and the Passover Matzah, The Quiet Place, I Love Horses and Ponies (great pictures in this book, and I have several horse lovers in my room), Gilbert Goldfish Wants a Pet, and Game On - a step into reading Wreck It Ralph book.
Tuesday I went to the dentist and got 3 cavities filled. Yuck. It actually wasn't too bad. I really like our dentist here. I have bad memories of getting a cavity filled when I was younger and not being completely numb - the drill was fine, but when they blew the air it landed on a nerve and was a sharp pain - so the only bad part was I was tense the whole time they were drilling waiting for that same sharp pain, but it never happened. I was totally and completely numb. I have to go back next month to get one last cavity filled on the other side. I swear I brush my teeth - these cavities were all hiding between my teeth apparently. So I'm trying to be better about flossing. Below is a cool blurry abstract photo of one of my teeth - my breath kept fogging up the lens as I tried to take pictures!
 Friday we had a 2 hour delay due to icy sleety conditions overnight. This is what I walked out to - I expected it to be time consuming to clear off, since it looked like a decent coat of ice, but luckily the last couple hours of weather had been rain and it had warmed just above freezing, so it actually slid right off.
 Saturday when Phyl got off work he suggested we go on a walk before it got dark. I like walking around our neighborhood - we're near downtown and right by a historic district, so there's lots of nice houses. I particularly like the porch swing and trim color on this house.
Sunday I went into school to get some planning done and deliver some desperately needed data to our lit coach. When I walked outside it was so sunny and almost mild I decided to walk - it's only a 20 minute or so walk, about ten blocks, and since one of the things I like so much about where we live is our ability to walk places, I decided to actually take advantage of it. This is another house along the route - I really like the detail and the little balcony.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived closer to school. I love the neighborhood.
    I went to the dentist this morning as you know. It was a horrid experience.

    I really enjoy your blog. BTW.

    ReplyDelete